When I saw the topic for this week’s Ten on Tuesday, (even though I’m doing great on Weight Watchers right now) I knew I had to do it! Too much fun not to!
So here goes, My top 10 favorite desserts! (In no particular order because I love them all!)
1. Chocolate cake with chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting! The go-to birthday cake in our family!
2. Caramel Cashew sundaes. I was introduced to this flavor combination at Culver’s Restaurant but it’s so easy to make at home.
3. Blueberry zucchini bread! Need I say any thing further?
4. Old-fashioned, Southern, frosted caramel brownies! OMG!
5. Ever heard of a bakery called Mary’s Mountain Cookies? Just WOW. Our family lovingly refers to these GIANT, double-decker cookies as Double Doozies.
6. Homemade carrot cake with homemade cream cheese icing. (it must have coconut, pineapple, carrots, raisins and walnuts!)
7. Chubby Hubby ice cream from Ben and Jerry!
8. Sour cream (or cream cheese) pound cake – all by itself. No glaze, no frosting, no fruit.
9. Pecan pie with or without chocolate/butterscotch. No ice cream required.
10. Strawberry Pretzel Salad… “salad”… right!
There you go. That’s my list. Now I’m gonna go eat my 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with fresh strawberries and be damned happy to have it!
BONUS DESSERT THAT I JUST THOUGHT OF AND COULDN’T LEAVE OUT:
This is a giant peach fritter from Voodoo Doughnuts. It has chunks of peaches in it and cream cheese frosting. It’s called Ain’t That a Peach and it’s divine! I’m fortunate that the closest Voodoo is in Denver and not convenient to get to… Phew…